Senior Backend Engineer (PHP)
At PSP Media we develop cloud-based software solutions for the sports industry, enabling clubs and associations to bring their coaching education and administration online. We further build B2C platforms for sports coaches of all levels anywhere in the world, helping them to improve their coaching by providing them with access to high-quality coaching content across all their devices.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you implement new features in our platforms and at the same time transition the remaining monolithic parts into a service-oriented and message-driven architecture. You help to improve the availability and resilience of our offerings not only by writing robust code but also by establishing fully automated build and deployment as well as monitoring processes for our different services.
- Understand complex business requirements and help breaking them down into digestible user stories as well as deciding on technologies and architecture for their implementation.
- Implement robust and maintainable services in PHP (Laravel), Python, Node.js and other languages of choice.
- Plan and execute the migration from MySQL to non-relational data stores such as key-value stores, document or graph databases where beneficial.
- Design consistent but flexible APIs with backward and forward compatibility in mind.
- Support the design and implementation of build and deployment pipelines using containerization and orchestration as well as serverless computing.
The salary range for this position is €40k-50k per year, depending on your skills and experience.
Perks and benefits include a comprehensive private health insurance, an annual fitness allowance, fruits and drinks supply in the office and others.
Financial and administrative support with relocation and visa application is given, if you are not yet residing in Malta.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience in developing large web applications with PHP, applying OOP/SOLID principles.
- Feeling very comfortable in a Linux environment and working with tools like Git.
- Deep understanding of service-oriented and message-driven architecture, SQL/NoSQL data stores, containerization, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, cloud computing, security and networking.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Proficient user of the Laravel PHP framework.
- Proficient user of SQL, ideally MySQL, and experience with at least one non-relational data store such as Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB or Neo4j.
- Working experience with one or more general purpose programming languages such as Python or Go.
- Working experience with the most common AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, IAM, CloudFormation and Lambda.
- Good to have knowledge: CQRS, DDD, TDD, Elasticsearch, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes.