Software Engineer (PHP)
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in Europe to facilitate the overlap of working hours but also travel logistics for occasional in-person meetings.
At PSP Media we develop cloud-based software solutions for the sports industry, enabling clubs and associations to bring their coaching education and administration online. We have just launched training.app, our B2C platform for sports coaches of all levels anywhere in the world, helping them to improve their coaching by giving them access to high-quality coaching content across all their devices.
As a Backend Engineer you not only maintain our different Laravel applications but also implement new features and build new services/applications from the ground up.
What you will do:
- Work on products with modern PHP hosted on a cloud-based infrastructure
- Build and provide internal & external RESTful APIs that ensure a fast & frictionless updating of our products
- Constantly challenge and expand your knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming and new technologies
- Work with agile processes that are adapted to the team’s and project’s needs
What technologies you'll be using:
- mainly PHP7 and PHP8 with Laravel
- Go, Python, Node.js
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kubernetes, Docker
- AWS (EKS, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, Lambda, CloudWatch, S3, ElastiCache etc.)
- Microservices with synchronous and asynchronous communication
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €40,000 to €45,000 annually. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills, location and employment type. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Distributed Team, enabling us to hire Europe's best talents
- Regular onsite meetings across Europe
- Personal Development Allowance
- Prestigious Clients
- Flexible working hours and time-off policy with 26 Vacation Days
- Monthly wellbeing allowance for Gym Membership, Massages etc.
- Co-Working Space & Home Office Allowances
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with PHP
- Understanding of RESTful API’s
- Spoken and written English skills on Intermediate level or higher
- Knowledge of Unit Testing
- OOP skills and knowledge of design patterns (SOLID)
- Professional experience with Laravel
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (or similar)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, CI/CD
- A strong portfolio of projects in which you have taken part
- Domain-driven design